- So Hird continues to get paid as part of his punishment? A paid holiday? Tania, the AFL and Hird are crooks http://t.co/TaU2OFX2zU @theageWednesday, 12.11.13 23:55
- Guys, this LiLo/Paris Hilton thing is getting out of control. Hug someone. Stay at home. Batten the hatches. http://t.co/opauMyqHCr @theageTuesday, 12.10.13 21:07
- Oh my god oh my god oh my god new St Vincent! Pigeons & PlanesSt. Vincent - "Birth In Reverse" http://t.co/n1WTrxr7eA @PigsAndPlansMonday, 12.09.13 22:15
- RT @theteacupmuse: BLOGGED: Ermahgerd #instagram http://t.co/g1Q5MbNE0wMonday, 12.09.13 22:03
- @theteacupmuse Awesome :-) Three cheers to the sweet filter of distortion.Monday, 12.09.13 22:03
So, I guess drugs are bad for long-term memory, huh?
There was a character from my previous 9 to 5 (although, back then it was more like my 5 to 2, 3 to 11 etc.). In that story, he played the villain – complete with a trademark outfit (he never seemed to change), limp and drug addict drawl (which sort of impaired his ability to have a catch phrase. Or maybe he did have one but I just couldn’t understand it). He had perfected the whole aaaaaoooouurrggh thing. Oh, we had such interesting duels. He’d walk into the supermarket, and within 2 minutes I would catch him stealing. He always stole the same items (concealer, foundation etc. – he was a classy villain), from the same aisle, although I must admit he liked to mix up the time a bit, which kept our feud interesting. He hated seeing me, because it meant that he knew he would get caught.
The very last words I heard this guy say (after catching him red-handed again) were “I’m gonna kill ya C*&%…the next time I see ya, you’re dead”! And then I didn’t see him for 4 years.
But totally out of the blue yesterday, this character walked right into my current story. It was as if The Joker caught a bus and started hassling Spiderman. I had seen him approaching, but there was no subtle manner in which to get out of his way. So, I just let the moment happen. But nothing did. He walked right past me. No groans, no concealer / foundation, and certainly no death (I don’t think?). He must have clean forgotten. I guess drugs must be bad for your long-term memory, huh? Poor guy, he was probably really looking forward to the whole revenge thing.